WIPA is a grant-funded program from the Social Security Administration that provides individualized benefits counseling to individuals who are:
- Receiving a Title II disability benefit (SSDI, CDB, DWB) or Supplemental Security Income (SSDI) due to disability,
- At least 14 years old up to full retirement age, AND
- Interested or engaged in work through wage employment or self-employment.
What can WIPA do for disability beneficiaries?
- Verify all benefits information
- Identify and connect with services needed to overcome barriers to employment
- Understand how paid employment will affect all federal/state/local benefits
- Identify, use, and manage Social Security work incentives
- Support with reporting wage information
- Assist in managing benefits over time
- Analyze healthcare options based on coverage and financial needs
WIPA is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement at U.S. taxpayer expense. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an Official Social Security communication.