Ensuring voting is fully accessible for Iowans with disabilities is one of DRI’s FY 2023-2025 Agency Areas of Focus. A 2021 Rutgers study found that one in nine voters in the disability community encounter barriers while voting. This is almost double the rate of barriers voters without disabilities experienced. DRI will provide education on the impact of proposed legislation that creates barriers for individuals with disabilities in voting including accessibility challenges.
Disability Rights Iowa’s voting policy focus:
- Provide education on the impact of lengthening early voting options.
- Provide education on the need to create additional and accessible voting places.
- Provide education on the impact of expanding number of days to receive and return an absentee ballot.
- Provide education on the impact of providing assistance to deliver an absentee ballot.
- Provide education on the impact of providing ballots in plain language.
Every Donation Matters.
Part of our funding comes from the generous donations from our supporters. Help us make a difference for Iowans with disabilities through donating to our cause.